Friday, October 5, 2012

Sunday in Vigo

Well I know I am a little late on posting something new, but last Sunday morning I decided to take a nice refreshing stroll through my new city.  You may or may not know that, a Sunday in Spain is a completely different world than a Sunday in the U.S.  The term "Sunday Drive" has a whole different interpretation here.  I would moreso call it "Sunday Walkers".  The streets are filled with people walking around town enjoying the nice weather.  There are tons of cute old couples taking their time walking down by the water.  The only businesses that are open on Sundays are bakery's and restaurants/cafeterias.  Everything else is closed.  Sunday here really is a day of rest, relaxation, and good eating.  I have to resist the urge to post the 75 photos that I took last Sunday, but here is a little taste of Spain... enjoy!  


This is the street right next to my piso (flat).  It's very narrow, curvy, and "Spain" like.  

A statue that is on display in front of Parque Charlie Rivel.   
View from the top of the hill overlook the Ria de Vigo.  

Down by the water these are some fishing boats docked up.  Apparently fishermen go on a "deadliest catch" type trip to Argentina and back.  They catch a variety of shellfish including lobster, crab, prawn, and barnacles.  

A view of the city where I am teaching across the Ria de Vigo - Tiran.  

I just love these old red roofs! 

Graffiti is a very controversial topic in Spain.  To some it is beautiful art.  To others it is destruction of property.  

No dryers here.  All clothes are line dried.  

This was a too cute of a moment not to take a picture of this cat balancing on the railing.   
The Port of Vigo.  

Anchors on display in front of the Centro Comercial near the Ria.  

More fishing boats! 

I am still trying to find the significance of this.  Very interesting statue in front of the Centro Comercial by the Ria.  
Too good not to post.  I'm hoping you can translate this on your own.  (It also says NARNIA in parenthesis under Hogwarths) 
Fishing nets at the harbor.  

Spectacular view of Moana.


And this statue on display near the porto do sol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment