Friday, March 22, 2013

Suiza - Switzerland

Even though I went on this trip about two weeks ago, it seems like yesterday.  My quick 4 day trip to Switzerland was one of my favorites so far.  I was able to meet some amazing people, seem some amazing sights and learn some amazing things.  Ok yes... it was AMAZING!

I was lucky to stay with a family friend while in Switzerland, Sabine.  Sabine and her son Vasco were great.  I was also able to meet some of their family and friends while staying in Basel.  Sabine took me on a Swiss roadtrip through Lucerne, Interlakken, Thun, and Berne (at night) and I made American Pancakes for Vasco in the morning!  I also spent a day exploring Basel and went out for supper and drinks with friend Naadiine!

I have decided I don't want to write too much so this sums up my Switzerland experience:
Alps. Mountains. Gorgeous. Alphorns. Lucerne. Boat Ride. Weggis. Interlakken.  Driving over the mountains.  Interlakken.  Lake Thun at Sunset.  Thun.  Raclett.  Swiss Cheese.  SWISS CHOCOLATE.  Basel.  Barfüsserplatz.  History Museum. Marktplatz Basel. Beyeler Foundation.  Hodler.  Munster.  Paddy's Irish Pub.  Rhine River.  Italian Food.  Firefighters. Dreiländereck, three countries' corner.  

Other than that, I will let the pictures speak for themselves!

Francs
Alphorn Workshop


Lake Lucerne


Boat ride to Weggis

Weggis


Lucerne Bridges

Downtown Lucerne

Yes, the GPS actually looked like that! 

Driving over the mountains! 

Setting Sun
Interlakken 

Lake Thun

Munster Cathedral

Basel Main Square - Barfüsserplatz


Beyeler Foundation- Art Museum

Rhine River

Mmmmm Chocolate 

Marktplatz

Marktplatz

Just happened to be a firefighter challenge going on...

3 Countries at once! 


No comments:

Post a Comment