Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nigran

Last weekend a couple friends and I decided to check out a small town close to Baiona called Nigran.  I'll be honest when I say this trip wasn't a "highlight" since I've been here. 

This was a tiled mural on the side of a church.  The bridge that is in the background is the Puente Romantico da la Ramallosa.  



I'm not sure what type of trees these are but they are everywhere.  



And here's the Puente de la Ramallosa.  This bridge was neat because it had a diamond shape design.  






Apparently the Portuguese camino de Santiago goes through Nigran.  


Camino de Santiago symbol.  


Right next to the roman bridge there is a new more modern bridge, since of course they can't cross the roman bridge with cars.  


This was a beautiful church popping up in the city.  We wanted to go in but there were services going on and decided not instead.  


Mural near the church we stumbled upon.  


Dara and the HUGE leaves here! 



View of Nigran from a walking path along the water.  




Interesting List. 


I know this wasn't the most exciting blog post, but there is plenty to come! I had an amazing weekend in Lugo and am headed to Ireland tomorrow! I can't wait to share it all with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment